Saturday 27 April 2013

We played a perfect game today: Sharma....

Rohit Sharma was very pleased with his side's all round performance.
Mumbai skipper, Rohit Sharma was very pleased with his team's all-round performance which helped the hosts to a comprehensive 58 run win over Bangalore. After setting a mammoth 194/7 off their allotted 20 overs, the Mumbai new ball bowlers wreaked havoc on the Bangalore batsmen with some aggressive and thoughtful pace bowling. At the post-match presentation ceremony, Sharma stated, 'We played a perfect game today, got the runs and defended them pretty well. I thought that we executed all our plans perfectly. I am enjoying the captaincy and will look to do well in the next match as well.' 

Virat Kohli, the opposition skipper who was booed by a not so well behaved Mumbai crowd said, 'Let them boo me. It is not the end of the world, they forget that I also play for India. I will back my bowlers. They have bowled very well right through the tournament, this was just one of those days. I know that our batting is not that long, we need to pick up well and do well in the next match.' 

Man of the match, Dwayne Smith said that he was very pleased with his efforts. 'Really feeling good. We had a good start and made sure that we made it count. I have a defined role and it was good to start well. I am enjoying my bowling and hope to do well in future as well,' quoted Smith. 

Harbhajan Singh who got the prized scalp of Chris Gayle stated: 'It was important to get Chris out rather then restricting him. I thought I will toss a few up, very happy that it worked and I got rid of him. It was a good win, my dance ended up in a 'Bhangnam' style.' 

Dhawal Kulkarni who got the initial breakthrough getting rid of Dilshan and then rocked Bangalore with the twin blows of Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers said the dew helped the bowling side in the 2nd innings. 'It was a good track to bat on in the first innings, the dew helped us in the 2nd knock as the ball skid through. This is our best win so far, looking forward to the next match,' stated Kulkarni. 
























source:cricbuzz

No comments:

Post a Comment