Tuesday 26 March 2013

'Mamata Banerjee made hawai chappals fashionable'....

Fashion designer Agnimitra Paul

Agnimitra Paul who showcased her collection on Day Four of the Lakme Fashion Week discusses how she would dress up Mamata Banerjee, Priyanka Gandhi and Amitabh Bachchan
What inspires your fashion, your designs, your creations...
I showcased Madhubani painting collection inspired by the Madhubani painters of Bihar. This collection is called Mystique Madhuban.
I used it because I think Madhubani painting has not been explored that much (by Indian fashion designers). Whenever we think of Madhubani paintings wall paintings come to our mind; at the most a few saris and posters. I think it is a beautiful craft and then I thought of doing this Indo-Western collection because I wanted to reach out to a global clientele. Foreigners who are very much interested in the Indian art and craft but their kind of silhouettes don't match with ours.
What does fashion mean to you?
Fashion to me is my attitude, my personality. It is a medium that helps my attitude and personality to be expressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment