Saturday 16 February 2013

ROHITH SHARMA against AUSTRALIA...

Rohit Sharma refuses to read much into off day for Australia bowlers

Chennai: India A batsmen dominated the opening day of the warm up game against Australia but Rohit Sharma said the visitors actually have a decent attack and they leaked runs because they were aggressive and experimented a bit with their bowling variations. Sharma cracked a useful 77 and shared a 128-run stand for the second wicket with centurion Gautam Gambhir (112) as India A piled up 338 for four.
"They have a decent attack. They were trying to attack too much with fielders all closing in and so we could take those chances and score runs quickly. Again it is a different ball game when it comes to Test match. They will be bowling more tight. May be they were trying few things today. We took real advantage of that," Sharma said after day's play.
The 25-year-old batsman was pleased with his batting. "Of course I am happy. I think whatever I got I am happy but I know that even if you get hundred, you will probably feel I should go for 150. That is not the case here. I am happy with whatever I am getting. I am looking forward to whatever opportunities I get," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment